The Central Ohio Agile Association is gearing up for the 2015 Path to Agility Conference featuring The Path to Craftsmanship. You have the opportunity to be a speaker at the conference by presenting on a topic of interest to the Agile and Lean communities.
We are looking for people who offer presentations that will be both engaging and informative. The topic has to relate to Agile or Lean, and you should be passionate about your subject. You can deliver your message through traditional talks, games, activities, small groups, or anything else you can come up with. You don’t have to be the foremost expert on your topic — you just need a compelling story to tell.
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- — Title – our first opportunity to make a great impression with both the submissions committee and attendees!
- — Short description of your presentation, including:
- – Introductory paragraph – Tell attendees what they should expect, and why they should choose yours over another session
- – Intended audience – Is yours an in-depth discussion for seasoned professionals, or is the material more appropriate for attendees who are newer to Agile concepts?
- – Learning outcomes – What will attendees take away from your session?
- — Speaker bio, including information about your Agile knowledge and experience, your prior speaking experiences, and whether you have delivered this particular presentation before.
- — Short video (2-5 minutes) that shows your ability to connect with people. It can be of you presenting to an audience in the past, of you giving a snippet of the topic you would like to discuss, or anything that shows us how well you connect with an audience. We aren’t judging production quality here, so feel free to use your phone or other cheap recording device. Upload it to YouTube and include the link, or attach the video to your email submission.
- — In lieu of a video, you may send us 3 references who can speak to your ability to present and engage audiences.
Other relevant Info:
All submissions will be reviewed by the submissions committee, and judged on the merits of the topic and the presenter’s ability to connect with the audience.
Abstracts and videos should be submitted to email@example.com no later than Friday, 20 March 2015. Presenters will be notified no later than Friday, 27 March 2015 as to whether their submission has been accepted. The conference is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, 20-21 May 2015.